Meet the Senior Team
Jeff Marts, B.S., P.G. -- Project Manager
Mr. Marts JMarts@eggi.com is a graduate of the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH in Geology. He has been a member of the EGGI groundwater exploration and development team since 1996. He has focused his entire professional career in the assessment of bedrock aquifers along the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. To date, he has worked on over 750 groundwater investigations. His experience and responsibilities include:
· Project management
· Remote sensing analyses
· Bedrock fracture fabric analyses
· Assessment of contaminant threats to groundwater quality
· Bedrock geologic mapping
· Karst spring source-water protection analysis
· Planning and performance of pumping tests
· Performance of landfill gas remediation tests
· Drilling and installing monitoring wells and water supply production wells
· Use of AutoCAD and GIS for any of the above
· Geophysical surveys (collection and analyses of data)
· Site investigations and reports
· Site health & safety plans
· Landfill gas extraction well installation
· Evaluation of spill prevention plans
· Creation of groundwater protection ordinance and wellhead protection plans
· Surface water stream gaging
· Groundwater resource development in Coastal Plain aquifers
· Monitoring and mining of rock blasting programs
Marts, J.M., 2012, Reducing Sodium and Chloride Loading within Groundwater Protection Areas for Merrimack’s Public Supply Production Wells. Presentation at Merrimack Village District Office, Merrimack, New Hampshire.
Marts, J.M., 2010, Case Study: Elevated Chloride in a Valley-Fill Aquifer: Monitoring and Proposed Mitigation. Oral presentation given at A Road Less Salted – Water Quality and Salt Reduction Seminar, Hugh Greg Coastal Conservation Center, Greenland, New Hampshire.
Marts, J.M. and Emery, J.M., 2007, High Resolution Monitoring of Specific Conductivity as a Proxy for Chloride in a Valley-Fill Aquifer in Ashland, New Hampshire. Poster presentation at the 42nd Annual Meeting of the Northeastern Section of the Geological Society of America, University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire.
Marts, Jeffrey M. and Tinkham, D.J., 2007, Mitigating the Effects of Elevated Chloride Concentrations in a Valley-fill Aquifer. Oral presentation given at the Meeting of the New England Water Well Association, October 2006. Published in Journal NEWWA, December 2007, p. 286-294.