Client project details
Mid Atlantic Golf Properties - Bear National Golf Course (Loudoun County, VA)
EGGI's irrigation water supply investigation of the project site included:
- A review of the hydrogeologic characteristics of the site;
- Selection of exploratory test well locations;
- Installation of exploratory test wells;
- Conversion of test wells into larger diameter production wells;
- Hydrogeologic testing of production wells;
- Hydrogeologic assessment of pumping data;
- and Water quality assessment.
Four exploratory test wells were sited with EGGI’s proven exploration techniques and each well produced a high yield – greater than 275 gpm. All four were converted into production wells and the cumulative airlift yield of 1,475 gpm greatly exceeded the client's needs.
The total volume of water removed from the four proposed irrigation supply wells during the groundwater withdrawal testing period exceeded 1 MGD (or 700 gpm). This groundwater withdrawal rate exceeded the volume of water that will be required to meet the daily irrigation water supply demands of the golf course. EGGI anticipates that daily irrigation usage will range from 0 to 600,000 gpd (or 417 gpm).
This groundwater withdrawal rate exceeded the volume of water that will be required to meet the daily irrigation water supply demands of the golf course.["